Sunday, November 24, 2013

Rainy Day Dog

It finally rained this week in the Bay Area.  So Chase got to wear the rain coat I bought for him in July.  It's a nice safe yellow, with a reflective stripe on the side.  Stylish, no? 



 
 
It kept me from having a wet, smelly dog when I arrived at work. 

As with most things, Chase just went with it.  He's very mellow about new things and new experiences.  We also road the bus over to the veterinarian's office.  I weighed him and he came in at 59 pounds (compared to 63 pounds when we left Guide Dogs in July). 

I called Guide Dogs' support center, and Beth said to feed him more.  So he's now getting four cups of kibble a day instead of three.  I'll weigh him again in a couple weeks.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. It never dawned on me that a dog rain coat might make my life easier after dog takes a run in the wet mud. mnnn..
    Great Idea.
    Chase is one lucky dog to be partnered with a Heaps.
    Love your blogs.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce Idea!!!
    This post solves a lot of my problems. I was thinking to buy dog raincoat for Joss my lab as he doesn't like to move out of the house during rains and i wasn't sure of buying one for him thinking he might not like it. Many thanks once again :)

    ReplyDelete