Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 16: Working Like A Dog


Chase and I now have two days under our belt as co-commuters.  We walked to BART, rode to Oakland, and walked to work yesterday and today.  And we reversed the process on the way home.

 



My co-workers have been exceedingly respectful of the guide dog guidelines.  They don’t engage Chase when he has his harness on.  They ask when they come over to my desk to pet him.  As you can see, Chase is pretty low key.  He mostly sleeps on the floor next to my desk. 

 

Every couple of hours, I take him to drink water and out to relieve.  We have a nice spot next to the station on the lawn of the condo complex next door.  It’s a beautiful location along the Oakland Estuary. 
 

 
Chase continues to do well on BART.  He wears his tennis shoes on his back feet to protect them when we use the escalator.  He’s also been clearing the fare gates with ease. 

It’s been a little stressful getting used to a new routine.  But I’m working on it.  I figure I’ll have lots of time to work it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment